Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Leave Tag, and Welcome Fall


Wish you all a very warm welcome to the first day 

of Fall! 

Speaking for myself Fall is my favorite time of year, and 
 
I can assure you it has nothing to do with the fact that my birthday
 
happens to be in the Fall. 
 
Its cooler in the morning and evening, and perfectly warm during the day. 
 
The leaves start to turn lemon yellow, and crimson red....okay now I'm
 
quoting John Boy Walton....moving on....but you get the idea. I love Fall!
 
Okay getting back to the tag I made. The background it stamped with Hardwood background.
 
The leaves were die cut with Tim Holtz tattered leaves die. 
 
I inked with with distress inks, sponged the edges, and brushed them with crystal effects to 
 
make them shine. 
 
 
The ribbon is white seam binding. I sponged it with a tea colored ink then

crumpled it up and stuck it in a clothes pin till it was dry. Which didn't take to long

and the effect is wonderful. I got this nice crinkled ribbon. 

I'm very happy how this one came out. Next time I add vanes to the leaves I'm

going to use a lighter color. I think the black was to dark. You know I'm my own

worse critic.
 
Enjoy the day! 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: